Wordpress 5.5 dropped this evening, and it has unfortunately left several significant issues with the theme Elitebrew.
- All Slider no longer functions. The images do appear to be loading in the background, but the slider is black. (https://selnarsminis.com/).
- I can’t remove the slider from the page. The theme’s tabs in the page settings (and posts as well) aren’t working – they have lost some design and changes don’t seem to affect the page anymore.
- All Slider’s settings aren’t displaying. It doesn’t seem to be switching from display:none, so the settings are blank.
- The theme’s options are inaccessible. The page appears but none of the tab links work, and none of the toggles work in the tab that’s shown.
- Widgets don’t toggle either, or seem to make some necessary changes. I did manage to remove a left sidebar (displayed on the homepage) in the WP theme customization menu, but the CSS that created the space for the left sidebar is still active. Additionally, in the widgets (not in the theme customization menu) none of them toggle open and everything is unselectable.
To test if it was the theme I turned off all the plugins and the issue remained; in a test site, I deactivated the theme and all of the issues went away.
I really enjoy this theme and love the way it looks. Please keep me apprised of an ETA.
I’m sorry about this. WordPress surprised us with some changes in the jQuery integration, we had no time to react. Fortunately, the WordPress team released a plugin to fix this issue, you can download it here:
We tested it already, as soon the plugin is installed all is working without any problem. We will provide an update as soon as possible to remove the problem, in the meantime you can use this plugin.
Again, I’m sorry about this, but no one informed us about this step.
Thank you so much for the quick reply! I’ve installed the plugin, and most of the issues are resolved! I went through and checked the items I noted. Major functionalities have been restored, and it looks like the few remaining issues are likely related to the jQuery not toggling classes and IDs on and off when removing existing widgets or the All Slider, leaving the spaces those items occupied. This is good enough for me to continue, and I’m confident your update will address those final issues. 🙂 Thanks again!
Ok, great, I’m glad it’s working. We will provide the update as soon as possible.
Just checking in on this update.
we already made updates for all our themes, also for the Elitebrew theme. You can download the updated version already.
Hi, I’m really sorry for the delay in response.
I installed 1.04 today and I’m still experiencing issue #4, with the theme’s options being unaccessible.
I am also having an issue with the mobile version of the menu not working. I think these issues are related.
When I use the jQuery migration tool to roll back to the legacy JS version, both of these things work. When I use the default WP version, they don’t.
Hi, we checked your website, it looks like it’s working. Is the jQuery migration active at the moment? What exactly is not working?
Well that’s embarrassing! So I did the update, changed the jQuery to WP default so the Migration Helper wasn’t active anymore, then ran the cache….and I have a feeling that the JS part of that didn’t actually clear until later. The Theme Options (and other menus in the section that come with the theme) are working now too.
Thank you so much for your quick reply! Happy New Year!
Ok, great, I’m glad it’s working now! 😀 Happy New Year!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.